Click on the link in the email to view the full post on the webpage.
We have been rolling this week! Our new members have started building their own chassis with the guidance of some veterans. Meanwhile, the rest of our veterans have been cleaning and organizing our robot room. They “love ” cleaning. Below are a couple of reminders. Please read this carefully.
- We would like to extend a HUGE thank you to Lockheed Martin and DoDSTEM for donating $2,000 EACH to the team.
- Eastern Metal Supply of NC also donated almost $300 worth of aluminum, which means we can build more robots!
- Please turn all membership forms into Mr. Hamby ASAP. I am assigning subgroups next week and if someone has not turned in their forms, I will pick their sub group.
- We have STEM&M night on October 19th. More information will be coming soon.
- The programmers will be working Tuesdays from 4:00-5:00 pm in room 102.
- Build teams can stay Wednesdays from 4:00-5:00 pm to work on our robot for rumble in the roads or parade bot (teams have already been assigned) We are keeping these groups small, due to our short timeline.
- Thursdays will be for general team meetings, trainings, sub groups.
- I have received numerous questions about the sub groups. These are aspects of the team related to the business. The subgroups will not always be working regularly. They have tasks and assignments and dates things need to be done by. As long as your student is working with the sub group as much as possible, they will be fine.
- Rumble in the Roads is Nov 4th. More information will be coming soon!
- The first fundraising deadline ($100) is due to Mr. Hamby by October 29th.
- The Yankee Candle fundraiser is due back to Mr. Hamby by October 16th.
As always, if you have any questions please call, email, or text me.