In case you missed it:
- Programming and Subgroups will now be meeting on Wednesdays (12/6 and 12/13 ONLY)
- General team meetings will continue on Thursday (12/7 and 12/14 ONLY)
- Tuesday, December 12th is club pictures. Please be in the auditorium at least 5 minutes before 11:20 and wear your shirt. If you have extras, please bring them. We will have SOME extras, but do not rely on them
- There will be no meetings the week before kickoff (January 1st – 5th)
If you are still not in slack, please contact either Mr. Slater or Mr. Douglas. DO NOT USE A NICKNAME.
Please join the club Discord ASAP. We will be using it to discuss this year’s game during and after kickoff which is January 6th.
We have some upcoming events that I wanted to make you aware of.
- Tuesdays – Programmers meet until 5
- Wednesdays – Slater and I will be here until 5 to work with any subgroups that stay.
- Thursdays – General team meetings
- October 19 – STEM & M night (Students will get more information about this on Thursday)
- November 4 – Rumble in the Roads (Offseason competition)
- October 21 – Halloween Game Night / Costume Party!!!! This will be a potluck dinner event. Please bring some food!
First, I would like to apologize. I stated in the previous post that Metal Supply of NC donated $300 of aluminum to the team. Metal Supply of NC was the vendor used by Ciccone Custom Railing. Ciccone Custom Railing was our sponsor.
Tuesday October 3rd– Cancelled Wednesday October 4th– Cancelled
- Thursday October 5th – 4:00 – 5:00 pm
Click on the link in the email to view the full post on the webpage.
We have been rolling this week! Our new members have started building their own chassis with the guidance of some veterans. Meanwhile, the rest of our veterans have been cleaning and organizing our robot room. They “love ” cleaning. Below are a couple of reminders. Please read this carefully.
- We would like to extend a HUGE thank you to Lockheed Martin and DoDSTEM for donating $2,000 EACH to the team.
- Eastern Metal Supply of NC also donated almost $300 worth of aluminum, which means we can build more robots!
- Please turn all membership forms into Mr. Hamby ASAP. I am assigning subgroups next week and if someone has not turned in their forms, I will pick their sub group.
- We have STEM&M night on October 19th. More information will be coming soon.
- The programmers will be working Tuesdays from 4:00-5:00 pm in room 102.
- Build teams can stay Wednesdays from 4:00-5:00 pm to work on our robot for rumble in the roads or parade bot (teams have already been assigned) We are keeping these groups small, due to our short timeline.
- Thursdays will be for general team meetings, trainings, sub groups.
- I have received numerous questions about the sub groups. These are aspects of the team related to the business. The subgroups will not always be working regularly. They have tasks and assignments and dates things need to be done by. As long as your student is working with the sub group as much as possible, they will be fine.
- Rumble in the Roads is Nov 4th. More information will be coming soon!
- The first fundraising deadline ($100) is due to Mr. Hamby by October 29th.
- The Yankee Candle fundraiser is due back to Mr. Hamby by October 16th.
As always, if you have any questions please call, email, or text me.
I will be passing out the Yankee Candle Fundraising packets this week, or students may come pick one up from me in room 149 if they want it early. This fundraiser can be great when people are shopping for Christmas presents. If the orders are turned in to me on time, delivery is guaranteed before the holiday break. I wrote the date the orders are due back to me on every packet. Students will receive roughly 20% of their sales to their account, minus shipping.
Below are some guidelines,
- Chesapeake Public School does NOT allow door to door selling of fundraisers. Students should only sell to people that they know. Please do not go to random strangers house. Your safety is our main concern.
- Orders are due back to Mr. Hamby on or before October 16th. I am mailing the orders out on October 20th. I have to have time to count the money, and get with our book keeper to get the check sent to them.
- IF you do not turn your order in on or before October 16th, I cannot guarantee delivery before Winter Break.
- Make all checks payable to “Hickory High School” ONLY. You may also take cash.
Also, please do not forget about the mandatory parent meeting this Thursday! 7:00-8:00 PM in room 149
I hope you all had a good first week! Here are a few reminders;
- Our first meeting will be September 14th in room 153 from 4:00 – 5:00 pm. We also need some of our veteran members to work the club fair from 6:00 – 7:00 pm pm on the same night.
- Our parent meeting will be September 21st from 7:00 – 8:00 pm. Please plan on attending.
- The team will be doing more community outreach this year than in previous years. We need students to work these events, more info will follow when we get closer to events.
- Please check the team’s calendar often!
Please click on the link below to view the full message.
Welcome back to school (almost)! I know you have missed getting these emails from me as much as I have missed writing them. I wanted to touch base with you about some important information and dates.
We will be using a dedicated space for robotics this year. The technology department has an unused classroom and we have begun the process of cleaning it out and making space for the team. This is not necessarily a permanent solution, but hey it works for now. We will need help sometime soon with moving stuff out of the room, and moving our stuff into the room. More info to follow.
- September 7th – we would like to see the tactical team only after school. We will be going over some items and discussing how we will be handling the first few weeks of meetings. It is important that all five of you try to attend.
- September 14th – Our first meeting after school. It will take place in our new room, if it is ready. Otherwise, we will be in 153 still. The general meeting will end at 5, per usual. We will be going over new requirements and some fun stuff we have planned.
- ALSO September 14th – Club Fair! This is a great opportunity for us to meet new freshmen and get them involved. We will have sign ups available for that soon. We need students to be there to talk to prospective members.
- September 21st – MANDATORY parents meeting! I am giving you over three weeks notice. We need a parent/guardian/some adult from each student to come to the meeting. I am not 100% what time it will be. I will get back to you. BUT THE DATE WILL NOT CHANGE!
I know a lot of this information is vague, and I apologize. I am giving you what I know as soon as I know it.
I hope you are all enjoying Summer. The team is at the school currently working hard. We will be working every Wednesday from 9-3 for the foreseeable future. Parents who are dropping off, please make sure you wait a minute for your students. There is always a chance the hallway will be currently being waxed and we will have to send everyone home. Douglas, Slater, or I will be here about 20 minutes early and will hopefully be able to tell you to turn around and go home. I am sorry for the inconvenience but that is the burden of Summer work.
The year is OVER! Almost…… We have a few things to inform you about before Summer.
- We have completed the team’s wish list for our new space next year. The list can be found here. These are the items the city has approved us accepting donations of. If you would like any kind of tax receipt, the donated item, MUST be from the page of donations.
- We will meet this Thursday until 5:30.
- We will NOT meet next Thursday.
- There will be a Summer schedule posted next week. Sorry we do not have it yet, things have been busy.